Thursday, November 5, 2009

There are apparently 39 Amber Wolf's in the world.

Yes... I may have gotten my post title from a quiz on Facebook... get over it :)

Well, I have hit and passed my 30 day mark... I am now somewhere in the 20's on my "countdown" which I'm trying not to keep track of... but I must admit, I am really excited to get home.

However I'm also real sad to leave, especially as the month of November is looking like it's going to be a really awesome month. During October I faced many hardships that made me so much more anxious to go home. I was sick with the flu for a week, I lost my closest friend here, didn't get used to my greatest extent, over stressed about homework- yet didn't get much done, and many other things that made nearly every day a big struggle to get through. Through it all though, I know God was using me and my circumstances because there were many times that I felt the presence of God in the littlest of ways. There were younger girls reaching out because they needed love, there were other youth members seeking wisdom and advice and God needed willing hearts as His vessels. It's amazing how usually in the times that you least want to be somewhere- if you go that's when God uses you the most.

November is looking to be really busy as well, but in a very good way! I've started on the street reach team (as I said in my last post) and thats every Tuesday evening and it's brilliant! Also, every fort night on a Wednesday (that means every other Wed) the older youth have what we call Life Support to talk through real life issues and to pray for each, to build up a place of trust and safety for the issues that so many of our youth have been going through. Recently I've felt it heavy on my heart that a lot of our youth are already Christians- but they're still going through really hard times, and thus sometimes they have a hard time relating to someone's amazing testimony of how God brought them from their pits and so they gave their life to Christ. Well my story- all my hard things have happened since being a Christian, and I was talking to another leader about this and so now, in a fort night I will be sharing my story and giving a little word to the youth and I'm looking forward to it because I know God is going to move through it as He always does :)

I have also started to shadow our kids pastor for the week- so that the rest of my time here can have more structure and so that I can be better used to my full extent. So I'm really excited and glad about this. My focus isn't neccessarily on youth anymore, but my experience will be so much more beneficial and I'll still be working with the youth on a friday night.

Anyways, thats just a little update for yas! I hope and pray you all are keepin well! I am greatly looking forward to returning home and seeing all your lovely faces!! And for big hugs!! :) God bless you all friends!

1 comment:

Amanda Prior said...

I still have to do my children's ministry part... it'll be good, I know it will, but so late into this I hate to move my focus from the kids I've grown so attached to. :(