Monday, December 7, 2009

reverse culture shock?

Well, I've been home for nearly 2 weeks now... so i figured its time I update those of you who read this on how I'm doing! I have been really encouraged lately by discovering how many people actually have been reading my blogs, pretty cool.

So, I gotta be honest, it's been really hard readjusting to being home and not being at Green Pastures or the Wash Basin... it's weird driving again, it's weird not being idependent anymore, having to worry about gas (petrol) money and Christmas presents all while not having a job or any real savings in my grasp. It's weird to be going back to huntington and working on papers in the library and going to professors homes for a worship service. It's nice to see people and do those things, its not all a bad weird, some of it is a really good weird, a comforting thing, like reminding me of my roots.

I've decided I'm ready and excited to go where somewhere new and find my nitch there. It's hard for me to keep in mind that I can still do things and be on fire for God even here at home, it's hard becaus I grew up here, and when I'm here I still feel like a little kid, and its not just in my house, its in my church(es) which is hard because I love the two churches I belong to very much, but I've discovered my place isn't there anymore. So I'm ready to move on, but its just not possible yet, which is hard... basically I am having a hard time with where I'm at, but I am embracing the positives and trusting that the rest will follow through, because Jesus said "seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will fall into place" so that's what my plan is... to seek the Kingdom of God first. Living for His Glory.

No comments: