Sunday, June 6, 2010

Continuously Learning

Multiple times in this past week alone I have heard the phrase "Leaders are Readers" or another version "Leaders are Learners".... These sayings say something important about growing and becoming a leader, it's not to say that just by reading, or learning, you will be a leader, but it is nearly certain that if you don't do these things... you wont be a leader. So, that's pretty interesting, because not only have I read that in a book about leadership this week, but I heard it in a Wednesday night event- from a senior who just graduated high school, but also from a middle school pastor and the female middle school leader. So, really, it is good that I'm going to seminary- to continue my learning! ha anyway- that was my random thought for the day.

I don't know if you know this, but I'm nervous about moving to Oregon in August. I'm afraid that I wont make it, that I wont be able to fit in, to make good friends, and I'll feel lonely a lot. And thinking about this sometimes makes me worry about leaving everyone here... family and friends and such... and sometimes when I worry like that, I can easily just make myself feel so busy that I don't allow myself to have the time to be with said friends and family... and well, its just crazy to be honest. Anyway- I totally lost my train of though there for a while... ha- so I was hanging out with a friend the other day, and talking about how it might be the last time we get to see each other for maybe 2 or even 3 years... and it was like- woah. But then he said something that stuck with me- in conversation with a friend of his he said "we're just going to hang out, enjoy life together while we can" (or well something along those lines) and then I was just like... oh my goodness... how could I just forget that? My job, my goal right now is just to enjoy life with those I can- those right in front of me. Just another example of how I am continuously learning. Praise the Lord.

In His Glory.

No comments: