Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Life

What is there to say about life? Oh well there is lots, I wish I had all my recent notes from classes and reading materials with me because I could probably write the longest post known to man with all of it. Life is a blessed gift. This new adventure I have embarked on is certainly a blessing from the Lord, the past wee while of my life (like since December) has been a low valley that has been rough travels, but God showed me the way to start climbing the hill again. It has been a lovely stroll, so much beauty and excitement as I'm starting to see the positives coming back and the sun is starting to shine again, and oh is it shining brightly!

Okay, and now to be less metaphorical and cryptic. Towards the end of the summer I began to hear God's voice again, telling me it was becoming the time for me to come out of this darkness, i could sense it with all my being. I was getting restless because I knew the sun was coming but I couldn't see it yet. It was hard at times to trust that He would do what He had promised, but I knew He would within His timing. Since having moved out here I have seen God fulfill His promise in so many ways, in ways I did not expect and ways I didn't really even think I was ready for!! God has blessed me with amazing friends (and a special guy!) and just a really great surrounding of strong Christians who are challenging me and confirming me in my walk. And I am getting the grand experience of living life with people who have no interest in God or spirituality, and it's been a real blessing to see and learn the best way of doing life with them! I have really grown to love these students I'm working with (and it's only been 2.5 weeks!) and I am so excited to see them grow over this coming year! I can't wait to see how God works and moves in them, and to join in fighting the inevitable spiritual battles that will come in the way of these kids' souls. The war is great and strong and sometimes it seems overbearing, but with God in control nothing is too great for us!

Wow, so I can still write a long blog even without my notes... just wait till I get ahold of them and a good internet connection at the same time! ;)

God bless you richly in your pursuit to walk with Him!!!

2 comments:

Turk said...

glad your still blogging!

Amber said...

TURK!!! I miss you!!