Saturday, August 28, 2010

the city makes me feel artsy.

I'm currently sitting in a starbucks right in the center of downtown salem, well part of it anyway. I parallel parked my car (might have hit the curb a wee bit...) and am watching the people and the traffic as I am enjoying some blessed coffee :)

The buildings are so neat. There's a shop on the corner called "The French Unicorn" I think it's like a boutique... but I'm not sure haha, and then in a building beside that theres a Book Bin, and the building looks so cool, old fashioned and pretty, with the theater style sign hanging out off the side with the letters single file down the side... it's awesome.

I wish I could capture the life accurately somehow, it's full of it! Just earlier there was a man with a large back-pack, like the kind you take on a hiking/camping trip. and he was stopping people as they came from across the street just to talk to them, telling them jokes or something, but he made them all laugh (except one businessman who didn't really stop. And there a ton of people just sitting outside, for only a few minutes before they get up and continue walking. There are couples, families, students, young people with iPods, and the sun is shining. I love the city.

As I've been sitting here, I just want to write a book! Or grab my guitar and stand on the street- playing poorly and still people would enjoy it. Or make a movie, I just want to do something creative and beautiful, just like this city full of beautiful people that God has created, each one of them different and special, each one of them beautiful in their wonderful uniqueness- and most of them unaware of just how special they are. OH how I wish I knew them all and could tell them, and they'd believe me, and see that there is a God who loves them, and wants them to know Him.

okay- it's cold in here, I think I'm done! Bye friends!

No comments: