Monday, January 25, 2010

Don't Forget

Well I have officially entered back into the life of an undergrad college student... However this is my last semester as that person... with that as my identity. It has become apparent to me that though college life is often the time that most people my age search and "find" themselves the most-- I don't actually know if that's who I am.

I've realized that what actually shaped me and made me who I am was my PRIME experience... what I mean is that college definitely provided a learning environment for me to grown and define parts of my being- my personality, my passions and so on, but even as I look at the pictures I've put up on the wall I see that I was who I was the past three years because of the people around me. When I traveled to Northern Ireland, after having the past three years to begin to define me... I found that I was able to really become the person I'm meant to be, to be the person I want to be. College life caters to laziness. Real life- full time ministry- does not. I've found that I don't want to be this person who does or doesn't do things because she can get away with it... who procrastinates because she knows it'll get done when it needs to. I want to be the person who gets stuff done ahead of time because she can and wants to and who organizes things, but allows for changes in her schedule or in her plans and doesn't flip out about them. I want to be the person who makes room for anyone in need, but allows time to keep to herself and God- who takes care of herself in the necessary ways- but who also trusts that if she gives her all at any given time- HE will provide for her in every way. I want to live a life of balance... yet a life of fire for God.

I'm excited about the things God is bringing me to.. the doors He is opening before my eyes, and the trials and uproar that has come up against me as I try to follow HIM. I've been pushed down, beaten, torn, and numbed... but I haven't allowed that to take me off the course I feel led to. Let us not live our lives being torn from our call and that which may be in combat against that call... Let us not forget what God has called us to. Let us remember that if God has brought you to an open door, against all odds that seems perhaps impossible... maybe that is the exact door HE wants you to leap through...

so come on... leap with me.