Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dreams, desires, hopes...

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking recently, which isn't out of the ordinary- especially as a big change is coming and I'm dealing with pressures from multiple ends. Anyways, I was reading a different blog today and noticing a common thread... A lot of things have changed, a lot in my life, and in the lives of those close to me. I've seen people put all their hopes and dreams into one thing, like a major, or - more often- a relationship. I've watched more hearts get broken, demolished, or thrown away. I've seen people put all their dreams and wishes on one person, and it doesn't go well, whether it lasts, or whether it ends.
I could go on here, but my point with this blog, is to be careful... our Scriptures say to "guard your heart". I don't think I really knew what that meant until recently, but I've been able to recover and maintain my sanity and loving heart only because I have given my whole heart to God and God alone.This isn't to say that I haven't given of myself in a relationship- because in order to make something work you have to be willing to work and to give. Anyway- I could easily talk myself into a circle here, I just mean to be saying that I've kind of realized that we shouldn't be basing our hopes and dreams on one person here on this earth! Our everything should be based in the fullness of God! You find yourself asking "why God?! why is everything I've worked for, things I've put my hope in, set my dreams upon- why has it all been taken away!" good questions, valid in a time of hurt and sadness, but to learn from this- we are only to put our dreams and trust and hope in HIM!!

No comments: