Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Love You More...

I love you more
than the sun and the stars
that I taught how to shine
you are mine and you shine for me too
I love you
Yesterday and today and tomorrow
I'll say it again and again
I love you more...

This song... well, besides being cheesy and what I would normally consider not a very good song- has captured my heart. I wont go into the detail of my history with this song- which is by Matthew West- but I will say that God has used this song in my life, powerfully. "Just a face in the city, just a tear on a crowded street- but you are one in a million, and you belong to me! and I want you to know, I am not letting go, even when you come undone these words are.. well they leave me speechless. Anyway-- the reason for bringing this up is because this song was played in Zone23 worship tonight (2nd and 3rd grade worship time tonight at Grace Community Church) and at first I was like- oh this song... but then I remembered, and all of the sudden I was holding back a wall of tears... tears from the past with this lesson, and tears from the dire need for this lesson yet again. I am loved. It's funny how easily my heart forgets this- I know, I know God loves me, and I could list off a whole bunch of stuff saying how I know God loves me and such- but-- I still forget that he loves me. Anyway- that's what I re-learned tonight- and no I didn't cry in front of kids that don't know me :) hehe I held it together. But, it's really important for us not to forget this, because so many detrimental things happen when we make choices forgetting how much we are loved by our God... He loves us more than we can imagine! There is much more I could say-- if you want the story on why the song means so much to me, email me, message me on facebook, whatever, somehow let me know and I will find a more personal way to tell you...

May God sow seeds of blessing and love in your hearts, to grow and exceedingly bless those around you- all for His Glory!

1 comment:

Carly said...

I love this song, too. Amen.