Tuesday, May 11, 2010

saturday!

woo hoo it's so soon!! :)

As of this coming Saturday, May 15th, around 5pm, I will officially be a graduate of Huntington University, with a Bachelor of Science in Missions. How exciting! I have two more tests to take and one presentation to give... so yay! I will be completely done with school work by 12:30pm on Thursday the 13th.

That is all factual information. Here is other stuff because I wanted to make a transition for the "statements" to not so... announcement sounding things because it was getting a bit boring, and I don't want graduation stuff to sound boring! Though, to be honest, sitting through commencement ceremonies can often be boring!! (hehehe) but this year, I will be walking across the stage when they say my name, then I will change the tassel from one side to the other (I don't really know which way yet... oops) and then I'll get my picture taken as they hand me my "diploma" (which is actually just a piece of paper saying they will give me my actual diploma later...) And then I also get to watch my friends and peers do the same thing! It's so cool. And then, pictures will be taken, hugs will be given all around and I'm sure some tears will be shed (not from me though of course...) and then there will be goodbyes... which is the crappiest part of graduation- saying good bye. Good bye to everything I've come to know and love the past four years, good bye to dorm life (praise the LORD), good bye to many friends (perhaps for the last time for a while) and good bye to people who have had a huge impact on my life thus far- both academically and spiritually. It will be the most bitter-sweet day... similar to the day I left Northern Ireland, what a bitter bitter sweet day that was... and this will be no different really (minus the planes and customs and such).

Then, however, I will be going on a new and different path for my life! The summer will begin, which will not be a whole new thing really, I'll be working a cool fun job at a church! And hopefully having good time with good friends, and all the while preparing for my big move in August. In August I will be heading out to Portland, Oregon (!!) where I will be living for the next 2(+) years attending George Fox Seminary getting my masters in Spiritual Formation. From there I have no idea really... but that's okay- I don't even really know all about what will be happening over the summer and leading into the fall- to put it simply I will only be following the leading of God. I am looking forward to what is in store, for I have no idea what it is!

Anyways- that's all for now as I should be studying for math or philosophy or something :)


Peace be with you.

No comments: