Wednesday, August 4, 2010

amazing God

last night a thought hit me, and it's kind of silly that it felt new to me, but it was so good to realize and actually understand.

We are taught as Christians that we can do nothing without God- but that through Christ we can do all things- well, while I have believed this to be true, it was a rare thought to think what I couldn't do without God. Until last night, I realized that I needed to ask him for help in the mornings. I've been wanting to start getting up a little earlier for a couple reasons recently 1. so that I can be on time to work and such :) and 2. so that I can sit and read from the Word in the mornings. Well lets just say that generally I fail miserably and I rush to get out of the door on time. I don't want that to be the case, or the norm. I want to be someone who can rise early and use the morning to it's fullness. So last night I was praying about it- and it struck me: I can't even get out of bed without HIS help. I really can't do anything without Him if I can't get out of my bed in the morning without His help. It's as simple as that- nothing, I can do nothing without Him. and I am a very capable person, God has blessed me with Independence (at least most of the time i think it's a blessing) and so I know I can do things, but what I seem to forget is that the reason "I can" do them is because HE made me capable, and in the areas where my capability doesn't reach- HE is there, because His capability doesn't have boundaries.

Just some awesome thoughts for you today.

No comments: