Thursday, August 5, 2010

My new Adventure

So, as I was getting ready for bed tonight, many thoughts were running (and still are) though my mind. Thoughts from the Leadership Summit today, from conversations that took place tonight, and then fact that tomorrow (Friday) is my last full day in Indiana before I move to Oregon. These thoughts have caused me a lack of sleep recently- which is either to be expected or at least understood.

Something said today in the summit has stuck out- a little chunk, as some would say- "Do not run from the darkness, but instead penetrate it with the Light inside you." We have the SPIRIT of the LIVING GOD inside us... why are we afraid of the darkness!?? I just- well, lets just say I was renewed with strength today, knowing that the Lord has called me into the darkness so that HIS light can shine brighter than ever. And to never give up, to have the faith that whatever it is- I will make it through with the power of Christ, trusting to Him my fate and not trying to predict it myself- because who am I to know the ways and workings of the Lord my God?

Be strengthened today- do not fear, be courageous. 11 times in the Old Testament it says "Be strong and courageous." ELEVEN TIMES! Three in Deuteronomy, Five times in Joshua, and Three times in the Chronicles (first and second). That's amazing. BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS children of the Living God. Do not fear the darkness; instead fumigate it with the LIGHT inside of you today!



Amen.

No comments: